Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh, what a semester it will be!

I just thought I'd list some of the big projects in the works for me this semester for those who care:

1) Jessup International Moot Court. We start oral argument practices tomorrow, and it should be quite an adventure. Our competition is the week of Valentine's Day.

2) Global Business Law Review. Our write-on submissions were due yesterday by 6pm, and I submitted my citation quiz and writing sample just under the wire.  This would be a lot of work, but totally fabulous on the resume, especially next to Jessup. It would also potentially give me great exposure to contemporary issues in international commerce. 

3) Student Bar Association. This is always going in the background; I'm the Speaker of the Senate, which basically means I chair the meetings of our SBA Senate. We're starting up next weekend, and I'm really looking forward to another semester of helping aid the student body. 

4) Internship. Possible internship with the Washington Center this summer. I have already been admitted to the program; now it's just a question of gathering the funding for the tuition and housing. 

5) Legal Intern's License. I am applying for a legal intern's license, which would allow me to do some additional work at work. That seems foolish, you say? But nowhere else will I get such a great opportunity to actually try misdemeanors before a judge in real cases without passing a 3-day long exam. 

6) Scholarships. Tis the season for merit-based scholarships, which means I need to step it up a notch and start applying for as many smaller scholarships as I qualify for.  Last year I won three scholarships, and a significant amount of funding for school! That could really offset summer expenses. 

7) Bar Application. I know, I know; I'm late on this. I have most of it done, and my goal is to get it completed by the end of this semester and totally off my chest. 


1 comment:

Bethany said...

f you're willing to look outside the city, there's lots of cheaper apartments. My rent is high compared to Cleveland, but lower than it would be inside the district. Also, a lot of DC students sublet during the summer so be sure to look into that. Do the internship! Be here!! Have fun!!!